When appearing on cultivated plants signs of powdery mildew, rust or other diseases, it is not at all easy to deal with them. In order to avoid such troubles, it is recommended to carry out preventive treatment of plants in a timely manner using means specifically designed for these purposes.
One of these drugs is the fungicide Topaz, the effectiveness of which is appreciated by many gardeners. The uniqueness of Topaz lies in the fact that it is not only used for prophylactic purposes, but also has a therapeutic effect in infecting cultures. The fungicide can be applied to almost all plants, including indoor plants.
The tool starts to act very quickly, literally several hours after processing.. Such a quick action helps to effectively destroy all fungi, even in the most inaccessible places.
The drug Topaz is suitable for processing garden plants, including grape crops. Disinfecting and antifungal effects begin to manifest in the first 3 days after treatment.
After 3 days, the drug begins to work to strengthen the protective forces of the plant. In order to increase the effectiveness of the drug, you can mix it with other pesticides. Topaz can be used for the treatment and prevention of fungal diseases.
It should be noted that the tool is not phytotoxic, therefore, the fungicide Topaz does not inhibit the growth of the plant and does not affect the process of vegetation. It helps to fight the newest strains of the fungus.
Mechanism of action
Topaz refers to one-component means. The concentration of the active substance per 1 liter is 100 g. The mechanism of action is that it stops the spread of fungal spores. The affected plant literally instantly absorbs the fungicide. Temperature changes and rainy days do not affect the effectiveness of the impact.
Instructions for use
To achieve maximum results and not to harm the plant, you need to follow the instructions. Often the tool is used to combat powdery mildewwhich is capable of hitting the whole plant. For the prevention of fungicide can be used in relation to the following plants:
These plants should be treated with a weak solution - 2 ml of the substance should be taken for 10 liters of pure water.
Roses and houseplants should be treated with a more resistant solution.. To prepare a concentrated solution, 5 liters of water and a 2 ml ampoule are required.
It is important that during the processing of plants on the street was dry and windless weather. So the fungicide is best absorbed into the plant, and the effect will be maximized. Please note that even if it rained 3-4 hours after the treatment, it is not necessary to repeat the treatment. During this time, the active ingredients have already had an effect on the fungus.
Fungicide is suitable for the treatment of the following diseases:
- Oidium - spraying should be carried out at the first signs of the disease, and re-treatment should be carried out after 2 weeks. For spraying the grapes will need 10 liters of water and 2 ml of the substance.
- Rust is a disease that most often appears on roses and carnations. For processing, the following proportions are needed: 10 liters of water per 4 ml of product.
- Mealy dew is a disease that can affect almost any plant, most often cucumbers and strawberries suffer from this disease.
- Fruit rot is a disease that can most often be found on peaches. For prevention, use 1 ampoule of funds for 10 liters of water.
Benefits of Topaz
The fungicide has the following advantages:
- long period of exposure to fungal spores - spraying can be carried out 2 times a month,
- the plant instantly absorbs the remedy - the fungus stops growing within 2–3 hours after treatment,
- the rate of use of funds is very low - one sachet can be enough for the whole season,
- suitable for the prevention and treatment of many plants,
- apply a fungicide at almost any stage of the growing season,
- toxic impact is minimal,
- Topaz can be combined with other drugs.
When using chemicals, you should carefully follow all safety precautions. Otherwise, contact with the chemical can lead to unpleasant consequences.
Follow these safety guidelines.:
- chemical solution is forbidden to cook in the pot, in which you cook food or feed animals,
- during treatment, use a respirator to avoid inhaling fumes,
- wear protective clothing to keep the chemical out of your body and hands,
- Keep pets away from chemical contact.
If the fungicide is on hands or face, rinse thoroughly. Doctors also advise rinsing the mouth. In case of mild poisoning, it is recommended to take several tablets of activated carbon and drink a couple glasses of water. If the chemical gets into the stomach, it should be washed.
The chemical composition of Topaz and release form
Topaz belongs to the class of triazoles. The main active substance of organic heterocyclic compounds - penconazole. Concentrating fluid is characterized by moderate toxicity, it inhibits the reproduction of fungal microorganisms and blocks their penetration into plant tissues. When using the tool does not occur the formation of the film, the substance is immediately absorbed into the green parts of damaged flowers and other crops. Therefore, the treatment can be carried out in any weather and at any temperature.
The fungicide is produced in 2 ml ampoules or in 1 l containers. The closed means is stored no more than 4 years. After the expiration date, the use of the drug is prohibited, since the degree of its toxicity will greatly increase, which will lead to irreparable harm to plants and destruction of the crop.
Topaz helps to cope with:
- Powdery mildew,
- Purple spot,
- Gray rot.
Mealy dew can completely destroy the plant in a few days. Symptoms of this disease are powder spots on the leaves. Plaque can be white, brownish, gray or pink, depending on the type of culture. Sometimes when the plant is affected by powdery mildew, the leaves roll up.
Rust usually has carnations and roses. Fruit rot affects peach trees.
Even with negative external conditions, this fungicide effectively deals with fungal diseases. 3 days after treatment, the agent penetrates deep into the plant tissue and destroys fungal spores.
The main advantages of Topaz:
- Broad scope,
- High degree of efficiency
- Long period of exposure
- No harm to plants
- Application for a large number of types of crops,
- The ability to use the drug at all stages of plant development,
- Moisture resistance
- Cold resistance
- Compatible with many other drugs
- Economical consumption.
Although the fungicide has many advantages, it is not an ideal remedy. The main active ingredient is artificial organic matter, which, as everyone knows, brings great damage to the field of ecology. Since penconazole is considered a toxic toxic chemical, if the instruction and safety rules are not followed, a person may get poisoned.
With the help of Topaz fruit trees, garden and indoor plants are treated. For the prevention and treatment of fungal diseases, the drug is treated with:
- Black currant.
Topaz can replace certain fertilizer functions. To protect plants from diseases, fertilizers are often added to substrates that still affect the growth and proper development of plants. Topaz can increase the effectiveness of fertilizers with its properties.
Working solution from Topaz
To treat outdoor plants, take a little water and dissolve the ampoule in it. The resulting mixture is well mixed and diluted in 10 liters of water. For flowers grown in the home, the solution is made 2 times richer, diluting the ampoule in 5 liters of water.
Spraying with powdery mildew, oidium and fruit rot will be handled by the first dilution solution. To remove the rust, it is necessary to dissolve two ampoules in 10 liters of water.
Grape processing with Topaz
Grapes are often affected by powdery mildew, only its disease is called oidium.
The solution for the affected culture is diluted from two ampoules per 10 liters of water. On one bush of grapes spend 1 l of the resulting liquid. Spray the grapes in the direction of the wind.
Vines are treated 4 times with an interval of 20 days. Before the start of the harvest of berries, it should be 20-30 days since the last processing.
Fungicide for gooseberry
For preventive purposes, this culture is also treated with Topaz. One ampoule is diluted in 10 liters of water and sprayed with a bush of 1.5 liters of the resulting liquid.
The procedure is carried out 4 times per season with an interval of 2 weeks. Instructions for use provides the same proportions for currants with strawberries, as with gooseberries.
Processing Violets Topaz
It is known that powdery mildew affects not only garden plants, but also room violets. The disease is initially similar to dust, which inexperienced gardeners do not attach much importance. And later, the disease deforms more and more parts of the plant, acquiring powder spots. This is possible at low temperatures that do not meet the recommended conditions for growing violets.
To cure a flower, one ampoule of the drug is expelled into 4 liters of water. Freshly prepared liquid evenly moisten the affected areas of the potted flower. If re-treatment is required, it is performed after 2 weeks.
Many gardeners who grow various cucumber varieties are already familiar with the common disease of the culture, like powdery mildew. Mostly the disease is ruining non-hybrid cucumber varietiestherefore, it is necessary to regularly inspect the bushes for the presence of defective areas in order to have time to prevent the spread of the disease and preserve the entire crop.
In 10 l of water dilute one vial of Topaz. On 10 square meters allocate 1 l of the resulting solution. Sometimes 0.5 l of solution is enough for this area.
As you can see, for each type of culture instructions for use gives different recommendations for the dilution of therapeutic fluids. In order not to harm the plants, it is necessary to strictly follow all the recommendations on the package.
Combination with other drugs
Usually, Topaz instructions for use do not prescribe its combination with other means, but in practice it is often necessary to mix it with other chemicals for the general prevention of diseases of ornamental and horticultural crops.
- If larvae of parasites appear on crops, they are used to get rid of them. Kinmiks.
- To combat circloporosis and late blight add Kuprosat.
- Topsin-M used to suppress anthracnose, monilioz, scab and gray rot.
- To prevent and cure Alternaria, klyasterosporiosis or coccomycosis, the fungicide is mixed with Horus.
The above preparations are also classified as fungicides, each of which is distinguished by its active ingredients. Therefore when mixing means it is not required to lower doses for future solutions.
It is necessary to work carefully with any chemicals in order not to harm your body.
- Tanks in which the solution is prepared with Topaz, should not be subsequently used for food or storage of medicines.
- Inhalation of vapors is hazardous to health, therefore all steps work must be done in a respiratory mask. Protective clothing and gloves are also a necessary measure.
- If the tool accidentally fell on the open part of the body, rinse thoroughly with water. If a face has been touched, you must rinse your mouth and rinse your eyes with running water.
- In the case of mild poisoning by the vapors of the fungicide, one should take activated carbon with two glasses of water. In case of ingestion, an urgent need to flush the stomach..
- When working with Topaz Do not eat, drink or smoke.
- Used ampoules burn or buried away from water.
The fungicide should be stored in a dark, isolated place where there is no food and medicine.
Topaz is quite a popular fungicide, because it helps to cope with the prevention of diseases not only of street plants, but also of domestic plants, and not all preparations for this purpose are intended for it. The drug has a low price and is available to everyone. For plots of huge size, it is better to purchase one-liter containers with Topaz, which are priced better than a large number of ampoules.
Every year I suffer with this powdery mildew on my summer cottage. It affects both flowers and vegetables. It’s not so scary for flowers, but for vegetable yields, zucchini and cucumbers have to shake and only some processing is not carried out. Well, I always have time to notice the signs of the disease, then Topaz copes with its purpose and suppresses the symptoms of the initial stage. It is a pity that it only prevents the disease. Once a few bushes with cucumbers were badly started with dew, for the experiment I tried again the solution from Topaz, but here it did nothing to help, and I had to look for another chemical.
Gooseberry and strawberry bushes grown in the country are always treated with Topaz. The drug copes with powdery mildew, but only with repeated spraying. However, the tool is inexpensive, and enough for a large area. Therefore, very pleased with Topaz.
When I first bought violets for growing at home, I did not immediately realize that they were somehow sick. When the bush has developed well, on the leaves began to appear bright spots in large volume. I thought it was dust, but when rubbed with water, it did not disappear anywhere. I read on the Internet about the diseases of violets and found out that this is the beginning of powdery mildew. The next day I ran to the store, bought Topaz, at the price of an inexpensive drug. Spread the product as indicated on the instructions and spray the leaves with dots. After a while, everything passed, and the flower even bloomed with beautiful flowers.
How to prepare a working solution?
In order to prepare the solution, it is necessary to dissolve the concentrate in a small amount of water. The resulting solution should be mixed well, and then poured into a bucket of water for 10 liters. For the treatment of indoor plants should be used twice the concentrated solution. Consequently, the concentrate should be diluted in 5 liters of water.
It should be noted that for the treatment of powdery mildew or fruit rot, dilute 2 ml of concentrate to 10 liters of water.
The use of Fungicide in combination with other drugs
The instructions for use of the product may not indicate how the Fungicide behaves in combination with other drugs. Therefore, it should be noted that Topaz can be mixed with drugs such as: Kuprosat, Horus or Kinmiks. Despite the fact that all these drugs belong to the group of fungicides, they have different active substances.
It should be noted that Topaz is a substance of the third class of safety, that is, it is a moderately dangerous drug. It is non-toxic to fish, birds and insects.
During the preparation of the solution never use food dishes. Spraying should be carried out in individual protection. After work, wash thoroughly, wash hands and rinse your mouth. If the drug got into the body, then it is necessary to drink activated charcoal.
How to apply the fungicide Topaz - instructions
Treatments with Topaz are usually carried out at the first signs of the beginning disease - the appearance of grayish-yellow or rusty spots, as well as whitish, reddish or gray fluffy plaque on individual leaves or fruits.
The concentration of the solution and the dose of a single treatment depends on the specific culture and are indicated on the package. On average, this is 2 ml of the preparation per 10 l (bucket) of water and about 1 l of the working solution per 1 square meter of landings. It is recommended to watch themed video before work.
Attention! Topaz belongs to the 3 rd class of danger, however, when working with it, you must not forget about working clothes, rubber gloves, goggles.
Work is organized according to the following instructions:
- Calculate the required amount of Topaz and water.
- Prepare two buckets. In one, about a liter of water at room temperature is poured, the other is filled with water completely.
- Open the vial and carefully, lowering it as low as possible, pour the contents into the first bucket.
- Thoroughly mix the fungicide with water by means of a long wooden or plastic spoon.
- Add the required amount of water, trying not to splash the solution.
- Pour the working solution into the knapsack sprayer and proceed to the processing, observing the consumption rate.
Processing landings carried out on an overcast day without wind, in order to avoid leaf burns and solution overruns.
What cultures protect Topaz
According to reviews of plant growers, Topaz is very effective as a prophylactic and as a way to suppress the disease at the very beginning. It can be used on:
- pome and stone fruit plantations,
- berry bushes and strawberries,
- vegetables and potatoes,
- colors of open ground and room flora.
It is allowed to use Topaz in mixtures with other pesticides for complete comprehensive protection of plantations. It is quickly absorbed by the plant and has a maximum effect in the first three days. In the future, its concentration in the tissues is steadily decreasing and after two weeks the production (fruits, heads of cabbage, tubers) becomes fully usable.
Advantages and disadvantages of the drug
Topaz compares favorably to other means of controlling mold and plant rust with an excellent combination of exposure and low toxicity. In soil it decomposes completely in the same year when it was introduced. It poses a real danger only for certain types of fish, therefore it is not allowed to enter water bodies. In addition, Topaz is inexpensive and economical to use.
Topaz has one drawback: with repeated use, it tends to accumulate in the soil. It is recommended not to apply it on one field or garden plot for more than three years in a row.
Modern chemicals against fungal pathogens are effective and relatively harmless. Careful familiarization with the instructions, reasonable use and compliance with dosages allow you to protect cultural plantings without harm to human health, bees, wild and domestic animals.
"Topaz": a description of the drug
The drug "Topaz" refers to the number of fungicides - substances that can destroy and not allow further development of the spores and mycelium of a pathogenic fungus. Thanks to this, Topaz can be called the most effective and safe fungicide against powdery mildew and rust. It is also used for prophylactic purposes, for which the plants are sprayed at the beginning of their growing season.
It is noteworthy that it is possible to use Topaz for stone fruit and pome fruit, vegetable crops, practically for all ornamental plants (including indoor plants), as well as for the vine. Fungicide "Topaz" according to its instructions for use can be used for preventive and therapeutic purposes when processing the following list of plants:
Active ingredient and mechanism of action
"Topaz" is a one-component remedy for powdery mildew, the main active ingredient of which is penconazole. The concentration of penconazole in "Topaz" is 100 g per 1 liter of the drug.
The mechanism of action of this substance is that it completely stops the reproduction of the fungus by stopping the germination of its spores. Due to this, the spore growth tube does not grow into the plant tissue and perishes. It is noteworthy that for such an effect on pathogenic fungi, it is necessary to use a very low concentration of penconazole. In addition, the substance is literally instantly absorbed by the plant, so treatment can be carried out on rainy days. It does not affect its efficiency and temperature differences (in spring and autumn, spraying of plants is allowed even on days when the air temperature drops to -10 ° C at night).
When to use "Topaz": instructions for use of the drug
"Topaz" from plant diseases should be applied only according to the instructions, which will allow to achieve the desired result and not harm the plant. Most often, "Topaz" is used for powdery mildew, which is capable of infecting almost all plants. For the prevention of this disease, grapes, strawberries, gooseberries, cucumbers, currants are treated with a very low concentrate of the drug - one ampoule with a volume of 2 ml is poured into a bucket with 10 liters of pure water. For spraying more resistant to fungicides of roses and flowering houseplants, a similar amount of the drug is diluted in 5 liters of water.
It is very important that during the treatment of plants planted in open ground, dry and calm weather is outside. Due to this, the drug can be fully absorbed into the plant, and the effect of its impact will be maximum. If it rains 3-4 hours after the treatment of the plants, it is not worth re-spraying, since for such a period of time Topaz will have time to affect the fungus. Subsequent treatments are carried out after 14 days. Consider also the rules of the use of "Topaz" to combat specific diseases:
- Oidium. Since "Topaz" is a potent substance, its instructions for use for grapes to overcome the oidium involves the use of a dose of 2 ml of the substance per 10 liters of water. Spraying is important to hold even with the appearance of the very first signs of the disease and repeat after 2 weeks.
- Rust. Cloves and roses most often suffer from it, which can be saved with a solution of "Topaz" with water in proportions of 4 ml per 10 l.
- Mealy dew. It is capable of infecting almost all plants in the garden and flowers on the windowsill, but strawberries and cucumbers suffer the most from it. For spraying, we make a standard solution of 2 ml of “Topaz” and 10 l of water. It is important to carry out treatments at the first appearance of signs of the disease. To get rid of the American powdery mildew on the gooseberry "Topaz" is recommended to use in similar proportions.
- Fruit rot. It most often appears on peaches. If she managed to hit the fruit badly, then Topaz will not be able to save the situation. For this reason, it is important to prevent fruit rot by spraying the trees every 2 weeks from the moment the first leaves appear. For 10 liters of water use 1 ampoule of the drug.
The advantages of using "Topaz" at their summer cottage
As you have seen, "Topaz" refers to fungicides with a very wide range of applications. Even in spite of the fact that there are many Topaz analogs on the market today, the choice should be given to this particular drug, since it is distinguished by a number of advantages:
- "Topaz" is the chemical that is characterized by a long period of exposure to the spores of fungal diseases. Due to this, preventive spraying can be done only twice per month, reducing the pesticide load on plants and soil.
- Instant absorption of the drug by plants allows to stop the growth of fungal spores within 2-3 hours after treatment.
- The rate of use of the drug is very low, so one sachet is enough for almost the entire season, even if its use is necessary in the garden and in the garden.
- "Topaz", unlike other drugs, can be used for a very large number of plants.
- “Topaz” is used at almost all stages of the vegetation period of plants: from the beginning of growth to the beginning of the formation of fruits. Even with contact with mature fruits, the toxic effects of the drug remain minimal, which allows them to be eaten without fear of poisoning.
- "Topaz" is compatible with many other drugs, which allows its use for complex treatment of plants.
Fungicide "Topaz": compatibility with other drugs
Compatibility of the chemical "Topaz" with other chemicals may not be spelled out in its instructions for use, however, for complex prevention of various plant diseases, this has to be done regularly. For this purpose, the drug "Topaz" for plants can be mixed with such means as:
- "Kuprosat", which allows you to deal with late blight and circosporosis,
- Topsin-M, which is used against scab, moniliosis, gray rot, anthracnose,
- "Kinmiks" - a drug to combat the larvae of pests of agricultural crops,
- "Horus" used for the prevention and treatment of Alternaria, fruit rot, nodule, coccomycosis.